In this part, we take well known groups of words and change them to words of but one part. The words as they were spake are in blue.
- On the Internet, no one knows the horse is dead.
- On the web, no one knows the horse is dead.
- Regard your neighbors gain as your own gain, and your neighbor's loss as your own loss.
- Think of a gain for those who live near you as a gain of your own and of their loss as a loss of your own.
- T'ai Shang Kan Ying P'ien
I got a simple rule. If you don't treat me right, shame on you.
- I got a plain rule. If you don't treat me right, shame on you.
- Louis Armstrong
What is hateful to you, do not to your fellow man. That is the sum of the Law; all the rest is commentary.
- What you hate do not do. That is the sum of the Law; all the rest is fluff.
- Talmud, Shabbath 31a
Not one of you is a believer until he desires for his brother that which he desires for himself.
- Not one of you has seen the truth 'til he wants for all men that which he wants.
- Muhammed (Oral Tradition)
Hurt not others in ways that you yourself would find harmful.
- Hurt no one in ways that you know would hurt were then done to you.
- Udanavarga 5:18 (Buddhist Religious text)
The past should be a springboard, not a hammock.
- The past is a base to build on, not a bed to sleep on.
I don't hate my enemies... after all, I made them.
- I don't hate my foes... I am the one who made them thus.
- Red Skelton
To go against the dominant thinking of your friends, of most of the people you see everyday, is perhaps the most difficult act of heroism you can perform.
- To leave the crowd and its ways, to do things your friends might not like though you know they are right may be the act which most marks one as a great man.
- Theodore H. White
I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but a man's failures.
- I turn to the sports page first, which tells of things Man has done well. The front page lists things which have not worked out.
- Chief Justice Earl Warren
One wrecked meal is a small price to pay to show a youth you trust him.
- One wrecked meal is a small price to pay to show a youth you trust him.
- Big Bro
A friend will help you move a house. A best friend will help you move a body.
- A friend will help you move a house. A best friend will help you move a corpse.
- Alexi Sayle
You'll miss 100 percent of all shots you don't take.
- You'll miss all the shots you don't take.
- Wayne Gretzsky
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life.
It goes on.
- In three words I can sum up all that I've learned of life.
It goes on.
- Robert Frost
Good friends are good for your health.
- Good friends are good for your health.
- Irwin Sarason
Wealth is something you acquire so you can share it, not keep it.
- Wealth is a thing you get so you can share it, not keep it.
- LaDonna Harris
The manner in which it is given is worth more than the gift.
- The way in which it is made is worth more than the gift.
- Pierre Corneille
The worst day of being alive is much better than the best day of being dead.
- The worst day of your life will still beat the best day of your death.
- Dennis Miller
We have a choice: to plow new ground or let the weeds grow.
- We have a choice: to plow new ground or let the weeds grow.
- Jonathan Westover
Little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortune; but great minds rise above them.
- Small minds are tamed and give up when things do not go well, but great minds rise to meet these foes.
- Washington Irving
Many a true word is spoken in jest.
- Lots of true words are said in jest.
- English Proverb
Jests that give pains are no jests.
- Jests that give pains are no jests.
- Miguel de Cervantes